WJMA offers special needs programs which include private voice, violin, and piano lessons as well as Special Music Together classes for preschool and kindergarten children.
Elements of our Programs
-Occupational and Speech Therapist will evaluate the child and make a recommendation of the appropriateness of our music program in a confidential and private setting.
- No medical information or diagnoses should be discussed.
- Parental permission will be needed to discuss the accommodations and needs.
- The teacher and therapist will develop a simple music plan and specify goals for the student.
- Following several trial lessons, the teacher will provide a written recommendation pertaining to appropriateness of the program for the student.
- Students will be on a 5-week plan, to give the student time to adjust to the lessons. If the student's participation is positive, lessons could be continued for the next 5-weeks.
- Lessons are 20-minutes, but could be adjusted to 30 minutes as the student shows s/he is receptive a longer lesson.
- While the goal of performing in front of an audience is always encouraged, this may not be an appropriate goal for a given student. Performance in front of an audience is not a requirement for participation
If you are interested in this program, please email us at: Westjerseymusicacademy@gmail.com